The Council's corporate operations function provides a range of internal and external services and programs including customer services, Executive and Aldermanic support, corporate administration, information and communication technology, information and records management, work health and safety, human resources and payroll.
The Council comprises 12 elected representatives, who are the decision making and direction setting arm of the Council. In support of that role is the administration of the Council, led by the General Manager who is supported by the Executive Leadership Team in the implementation of Council decisions and policies.
The team comprises the General Manager and the Director of each of the six Divisions of Council. The Council workforce consists of 585 full time equivalent staff who work to deliver services and programs to the community.
Corporate Operations activities include:
- Delivering of the Council's Customer Service Centre
- Aldermanic support and administering Council and Committee meetings
- Management of the Council's portfolio of insurances
- The provision of risk management
- The coordination of internal and external audits and quality control
- The provision of legal services
- The provision of human resource services to the organisation
- The provision of workplace health and safety advice and support
- The provision of payroll services
- The provision of information and records management systems
- The provision of information and communication technology services
Consultation has concluded