Parks & Recreation
The City of Hobart manages and maintains an extensive network of parks, gardens, bushland reserves, sports fields, recreational facilities and streetscapes.
- management of Hobart’s unique natural and cultural heritage bushland
- services, recreational facilities and programs, including the Bush Adventures program and Bushcare volunteer program
- Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre
- maintenance of 130 parks and reserves, including 48 playgrounds,19 sports fields, BBQ's and picnic shelters
- operating an industry-accredited nursery to grow trees, shrubs and seedlings
- management of walking and cycling tracks
- management of the City's public toilet networks
- 18,000 street trees
- fire protection of the city.