The City of Hobart has an integral role in emergency management. It has resources that may be directly utilised during an emergency event. The City of Hobart provides a support function to the lead Response Management Authority (typically the Tasmanian Police or the Tasmanian Fire Service). In particular the City will typically undertake the following roles:
- provision of a centre and resources to house, feed and support evacuees
- provision of a centre and resources to aid recovery to those affected by an event
- provision of plant and equipment to those responding to an emergency
- dissemination of information to the public
- repairs to public infrastructure damaged during the emergency event
The City of Hobart provides a range of information on its website to assist the community before, during and after an emergency.
We are asking for feedback on how you are interacting with this online information, so we can review if our emergency management communication is helpful.
Get involved and have your say in the following ways:
Feedback closes Friday 23 August 2019.