The Hobart City Council is the planning authority for the Hobart local government area.
City Planning provides assessment services to make sure that planning, plumbing and building applications comply with the law.
City Planning activities include:
- assessment of development applications
- help in assessing planning applications with heritage implications
- promoting awareness of Hobart's heritage
- planning scheme review and amendments
- assessment and inspections of regulated plumbing works
- action on unlawful or unacceptable building and plumbing works.
The City Design Team has an important role in the development of the Inner City Action Plan (ICAP) and a number of the Transforming Hobart projects.