Corporate and Customer Service Activities
The Council comprises 12 Aldermen who are elected by the community to represent them and make decisions about the management of the City of Hobart, on their behalf.
The General Manager is responsible for implementing Council decisions and policies and managing the operation of the organisation, which has a very diverse workforce made up of 614 full time positions responsible for the delivery of a wide range of services and projects for the community.
The following services are provided:
- customer contact centre
- customer service management
- Aldermanic support
- management and delivery of Council and Committee schedule of meetings
- organisational governance which includes insurance portfolio, risk management, audits, and quality control
- legal services
- workforce management including workplace health and safety advice and support, and payroll services
- business innovation, digital technology and information management
- marketing and communications