- Local roads and footpaths;
- Cycling infrastructure;
- Household waste, recycling and FOGO collection;
- City cleaning;
- Bushfire management, including fire trail maintenance and upgrades;
- Tourism services;
- Economic development;
- Supporting the Hobart Community, through programs and events; and
- Maintaining and managing parks, reserves and sporting facilities, including the Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre.
- the submission is inconsistent with the City’s strategic priorities;
- the submission is outside the scope of services provided by the City;
- further work is required to develop the submission for it to be ready for consideration;
- further analysis on the proposed costs may be required; or
- the proposal is beyond the financial capacity of the City.
- Friday, 10 November 2023 – 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday, 15 November 2023 – 4pm to 5.30pm
Why are we undertaking community engagement?
Input from the community is important to ensure a diverse range of ideas are considered on what will deliver the greatest benefit to the Hobart community in 2024-25 and beyond.
What is the City of Hobart responsible for?
Examples of what the City of Hobart is responsible for include:
Who is able to provide a submission?
All community groups, businesses and individuals are welcome to make submissions to the City of Hobart 2024-25 Budget community consultation process.
Will my submission be included in the 2024-25 Budget?
While every submission will be considered, it may not be possible for all submissions to be included in the final 2024-25 Budget. This could be due to a number of factors, including:
Is the Budget Submission process the same as the Grant Program?
No. The community engagement process is not about providing grant funding to groups, businesses or individuals to implement particular priorities. It is to prioritise what services or projects the City of Hobart may undertake on behalf of the community. Community engagement does not replace the current grant programs offered by the City.
If my submission is not included in the 2024-25 Budget what will happen with it?
Any submissions not included in the 2024-25 Budget may be considered in future budgets.
When are Budget submissions due?
Budget submissions must be submitted to the City of Hobart by close of business, 30 November 2023.
Can I meet and discuss my ideas with City of Hobart staff?
There will be two opportunities to drop in and discuss thoughts and ideas directly with staff. The dates for these sessions will be:
The location for these sessions will be:
Lady Osborne Room
Hobart Town Hall
50 Macquarie Street, Hobart