The Hobart City Council is the planning authority for the Hobart municipal area.
City Planning provides assessment services to ensure that planning, plumbing and building applications comply with the law.
Activities undertaken by City Planning include:
- assessment of development applications
- help in assessing planning applications with heritage implications
- promoting awareness of Hobart's heritage
- assessment and inspections of regulated plumbing works
- action on unlawful or unacceptable building and plumbing works.
City Planning also works to reduce the City’s greenhouse gas emissions and helps the community to prevent or adapt to climate change impacts.
Consultation has concluded