Parks, Reserves and Recreation (including the Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre)
The City of Hobart manages and maintains an extensive system of parks, gardens, bushland reserves, sports fields, recreational facilities and streetscapes.
- conservation of 4500 hectares of Hobart’s unique natural and cultural heritage bushland
- services, recreational facilities and programs, including the Bush Adventures program and Bushcare volunteer program
- maintenance of 130 parks and playgrounds and 19 sports fields
- operating an industry-accredited nursery to grow trees, shrubs and seedlings.
The City of Hobart operates high-quality sporting ovals and venues of state significance.
The Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre is the largest in Tasmania. It offers:
- an Olympic size pool
- large modern gym
- wide variety of classes, including a highly-subscribed Learn to Swim program
- spa, sauna and steam room
Consultation has concluded